Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 3 Plancy and the Father Brisson celebrations



Hello all.....greetings from Troyes and the nearby town of Plancy! This morning we headed to Plancy, where Father Brisson was born and died, to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of his death. We met up with the Sisters from the Motherhouse in Plancy and began our prayer service. We were in the church where Father Brisson was baptized, made his 1st Communion, and then celebrated his 1st Mass. It was a very old and beautiful church that had so much charm. I could just imagine Father Brisson there. I would also see the pew where he sat and heard Mary urging him to enter the priesthood. I saw the same statue of the Blessed Mother that his eyes gazed upon. The multi-lingual service was followed by a visit to Father Brisson's home where he would later die and then onto lunch. The Sisters had prepared a wonderful meal for all of us in a reception area close to the church.
After lunch we had a bit of time to walk around Plancy and take it all in. I spoke with one of the Sisters from the missions in Columbia as I walked through Father Brisson's old stomping grounds. What a wonderful day! We celebrated the life of Father Brisson with a slide show of his life and then a memorial Mass full of joy and unity. I would not have traded it for the world!
Tomorrow we will be heading to the Motherhouse for Mass and a tour. More to come! Check out the pictures!

http://picasaweb.google.com/grtwhthype69/Day3PlancyAndTheFatherBrissonCelebrations

No comments: