
Well, I had my surgery yesterday and everything went fine. I had to be at Bethesda Naval Hospital at 5:30 in the morning (yes, I said morning). Up at 3, out the door by 4 and into the OR at 7:30am. The procedure is called a Brostrom's repair which involves cutting the 2 main ligaments that run on the outside of your ankle bone and tightening them. My ankle was so loose that I continuously rolled it and was very unstable. I am in a plaster splint up to my knee for the next 2 weeks until I get my stitches out, and then in another full cast for 4 more weeks. After that, I will be in a fracture boot for another 4 weeks, and then a lace up ankle brace for another 4 weeks. So...in about 3 months I should be able to walk on my own! Lovely!!! I am already tired of my crutches and it is only day 2 of 6 weeks of non-weight bearing! God grant me patience!!!
I will keep you posted as things move along. I have 2 pictures that you can see in the album "ankle surgery".
http://picasaweb.google.com/grtwhthype69/AnkleSurgery
Peace....
I will keep you posted as things move along. I have 2 pictures that you can see in the album "ankle surgery".
http://picasaweb.google.com/grtwhthype69/AnkleSurgery
Peace....
No comments:
Post a Comment