Thursday, March 13, 2008

13 March:Day 10 Post-Op



Well, my little trip to Mary Washingon Hospital ER on Tuesday night proved to be a mistake. They did a terrible job putting a new splint on. They didn't give me adequate protection and support, nor did they have my foot in the correct position. The night I got home was the worst night as far as my pain. I had not had that much pain since the surgery! I was wondering what the problem was and became nervous that they had done something very wrong. Well, there were big creases in the splint that were pushing right into the incision. The creases hardened into the splint.
Today I couldn't take it anymore after spending the last 2 days in severe pain so I went to see my friends at the Physical Therapy Dept on Quantico. They put a new cast on so I could make it until Tuesday when I go back to Bethesda to get my stitches out. What a day! I saved the splint that Mary Wash did so I can take it back to the ER and complain! UGH!! Pics added!

No comments: