Friday, April 18, 2008

6 weeks Post-Op 18 April 2008










Hello, everyone! I hope this blog finds you well! Thought I would give you a quick update since I haven't written in a little while. I had a follow-up appointment today with my surgeon...I got my cast off and was excited at the prospect of getting the much needed and long awaited "fracture boot". Everything looked good and the corpsman brought me the boot and slapped it on. The Dr. asked me to walk in it...that was another story. It hurt and was too loose...even inflated. The Dr. started throwing out that 4 letter word again..."Maybe we should just put you back in a cast for another 2 weeks." "Oh-please NO!" was my reply. So after further examination, the fracture boot was too big and he said we could try a smaller size. This meant getting an entirely different fracture boot. I was relieved to see it because it looked much more supportive than the other one I just tried. I put it on...SUCCESS!!!! All was well-I could walk, no pain...I was a happy camper!



Of course I had important questions for the Dr like "can I take it off to take a bath?" His answer was music to my ears!!! So first order of business when I got home today was to soak my leg in the tub...and shave my leg (6 weeks is a long time!!). It's the little things, I suppose! Things are definitely looking up after my long journey thus far.



I still have a long way to go...6 more weeks in this fracture boot, 4-6 weeks in an ankle brace-but if all goes well, I will be able to separate from the Marine Corps in July/August. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the well wishes and thoughfulness!






Check out the new pics!






Peace,



Christie

No comments: